Christina's Vedic Astrology Tips
By Christina Collins
Some days of note for Aries 2009:
- The Sidereal Sun moves into its sign of Exaltation, Aries (USA on April 13th ) and will receive the influence of his ruler Mars posited in Aquarius in mutual aspect with the enemy of both Sun and Mars -- Saturn, still residing in Leo, for the first day. This year we will see a tricky and challenging Sun sign change.
- The Pisces (Meena) Sankranti Sun change to Aries eventually will show improvement. Initial challenges will be more challenging. Although the Sun moves into the position of its greatest power, its ruler Mars will be Sandi (2912 in Purva Bhadrapada, and the last degree of Aquarius) at the time of the move. This usually proves to be a hot, fired up nakshatra, further weakened by its sign/degree position and dont forget still aspecting two earth signs, Taurus and Virgo by its 4th and 8th aspects respectively. Fire hazard. Additionally Purva Bhadrapada is a Jupiter ruled Nakshatra and Jupiter still transits in its debilitation along with Rahu in Capricorn.
- The toughness of this years Sankranti transit will be that both the Sun, and its ruler Mars, will be Sandi at the same time, and influenced by association or aspect with Saturn.
- There are three times every year when the Sun is Sankranti that present more possible challenges than other sun sign changes. These are when the sun moves from Cancer to Leo, from Scorpio to Sagittarius, and when the sun moves from Pisces to Aries. Yes, this is when the Sun moves from a water sign into a fire sign. Reputed as the most challenging, is when the Sun moves from Meena to Mesha or Aries to Pisces. For not only is it crossing from water to fire, but it completes a zodiacal cycle and begins a new one.
- When children are born with this condition (29 or 0 degrees)present in their charts, either Moon, Sun or rising sign, is poses dangers to the health, or even the later health of family members (Moon is Mother, Sun is father). So, if you or someone you know is having an elective, Caesarean birth, you might want to wait a couple of days until the transits improve.
- I would advise against travel on the 12th and 13th, unless you really must because of the holiday weekend.
- Mars joins Venus in Pisces. Initially this will cause conflicts in partnership until Venus resumes direct motion on April 17th (a Friday, Venus Day!)
April 12th Jupiter (debilitated) in Capricorn 2709, ruler of Sun in Pisces at 2845 (becoming Sandi) Mars, near the same degree of the Sun at 2812 Aquarius and Mercury at 1149 Aries in an angle (Kendra) from the nodes at 1119 Capricorn and 1119 Cancer. Initially, the Moons debilitation is cancelled (Neecha Banga raja yoga Debilitated planet in an angle from the rising sign) as it is 7th from Taurus rising. Good thing though, is that Mars is leaving the degree orb of its aspect with Saturn!
April 12th Sun is Sandi at 2900 Pisces. This falls on Easter Sunday (observed by Western churches on the first Sunday after the full moon, often on, or just after the Vernal Equinox) so if you are travelling, watch out for the other driver, and if you are travelling far, leave early, and travel as early in the day if possible.
April 13th Sun moves to Exaltation in Aries
April 14th Mars leaves Aquarius for Pisces, and its moving on a Tuesday (Mars day!) and now it aspects two air signs and an earth sign! Travel early. I suggest flying on a different day.
April 15th - In the afternoon in the USA the Moon in Sagittarius in Mula Nakshatra (owned by Ketu), and will be around 11 degrees, the same degree as Rahu and Ketu (2/8 from the Moon). Also, Mars will still be Sandi at 0045. Income tax filing day in the USA so if you are trying to make a late deadline you might want to avoid travelling this particular afternoon. Even avoid filing online it wont be as effortless.
April 17th - Venus goes direct in the exalted Pisces transit. Begins to be nicer challenges often come when an exalted benefic transits retrograde.
April 17th Jupiter gets to 2800 Capricorn and begins its Sandi state in debilitation.
April 19th Mars joins Venus in Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra. Starts to be sweet in its conjunction with Venus, more passion and romance instead of anger and conflict felt when Mars was in blistery Purva Bhadrapada. Also, now the ruler of the Aries Sun, Mars transits along with an exalted planet albeit in the 12th house. This is a Sunday Mars and Venus are 2 degrees apart and Really strong in Shad Bala, Moon and Jupiter are 2 degrees apart Could be a good time with a friend or friends. April 17 to 19th Earth Day will be celebrated in the USA.
(There will be an www.acvaonline.org Webinar on Venus and Mars in June 2009).
April 22 Moon, Venus and Mars will all be at 5 Pisces and Rahu and Ketu will both be 1111. Now, the degree of the nodes is what will initially grab your eye, but what is really interesting is that this is the rare occultation of Venus by the Moon. Venus will temporarily seem to disappear as the Moon moves in front of it. This occurs two days before the new moon, so it will be a crescent moon that slips across Venus. You will be able to see this, especially on the West Coast of North America with either high quality binoculars or a telescope. It begins at around 5:00 am PDT, and you need to start watching in the beginning because the early sunrise may make the end of the about an hour event harder to see! I found a video for you: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/venus-occultation/3018973661 Now it is traditionally not supposed to be good to look, at an eclipse of the Moon for reasons of depletion of energy and the nodes are notorious for involvement in miscarriages (obviously, you should not ever look at the Sun), conversely it is considered good for your health ayurvedically to look at a full moon.
April 23 Mercury goes Sandi at 2900 Aries
April 24 First, Jupiter (1:30 am) goes to 29, then Mercury moves to Taurus and becomes aspected by Saturn (a friend and stabilizing factor but Mercurys ruler, Venus still transits with Mars -- you may feel like tension and anger and frustrations build up but feel unable for your own, or other reasons -- to release it. Now is the perfect time to exercise! That evening will also be the New Moon so start out with yoga and work up to more! A lot of changes for a Friday!
May 1 Another big Friday! Jupiter (for a little while anyway) will move out of debilitation and away from Rahu in Capricorn to Aquarius! It wont have much strength until it gets at least a degree and out of its Sandi condition, but planets will begin to improve by May 5th and 6th.
May 5th the Moon will be waning and in Virgo/Hasta, and good for planting, if danger of frost is past where you live. Come back next month (Mid May) for May / June planting tips.
May 7th Full Moon with an exalted Sun! Moon in Libra aspected by Jupiter and Mercury goes Retrograde in Taurus.
May 13th the exalted Sun goes Sandi or 29 degrees on its way to Taurus.
Christina Collins Biography:
|Christina Collins, Jyotish Kovid, Jyotish Vachaspati is a 3rd generation astrologer specializing in the Vedic system. She received her honorary titles from the late Dr. B.V. Raman, former President of the ICAS (Indian Center for Astrological Sciences) in New Delhi and Bangalore, India. She is the first and sole American woman to be honored by this highly held title of Jyotish Vachaspati (Jyotish the light bearer and Vachaspati the one who speaks the truth and whose predictions come true. (Vac = speech and Brihaspati is a name of Jupiter the planet of wisdom and truth. She serves as faculty and on the Board of Directors of the American College for Vedic Astrology (ACVA), as Editor of the ACVA News and is President of Celestial Resources (The Timing Coach) where she serves corporate and private clients from celebrities to students. You can reach her in Boulder CO:|
Christina Collins, J.K., J.V.
The Timing Coach
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.vedicastrologer.cc