Christina's Vedic Astrology Tips
By Christina Collins
Some days of note:
- The Sidereal Sun moves into the sign of Pisces (March 14th) and will receive some slight relief from moving away from its opposition to its enemy Saturn in the sign of Leo ruled by the Sun (Saturn is the son of the Sun and in Jyotish they are enemies as each owns a house either 6, 7 or 8 away from the other)
- From Leo – Aqu is 7th
- From Aqu – Leo is 7th
- From Leo – Cap is 6th
- From Cap – Leo is 8th
- Venus began its two month retrograde motion on March the 6th (until May 6th) in its exalted sign of Pisces. A retrograde exaltation can act like a planet in its sign of debilitation. (Not nice.) In the case of Venus, the Planet of Love, it can feel like love is “going backwards,” or a sense of seeming or actual financial loss can be felt by many.
- Also, while Venus (another enemy of the Sun) is Rx and temporarily negative in Pisces, we will continue to see financial and relationship/partnership concerns. Similar to last month’s Aquarius Sun’s parivartana yoga with Saturn, as there is still a connection to Saturn. The Sun is in Jupiter’s sign, Jupiter is in Saturn’s sign, and Saturn remains in the sign of the Sun Leo.
- Add Mars, (enemy of Saturn) who began his transit in Aquarius on March 7th ,and continues aspecting Saturn in Leo by opposition now, instead of 8th aspect, (and no longer in his exalted state in Capricorn,) and the distressing transits continue with Mars exactly aspecting Saturn on April 4 2009 at 22 degrees. Mars in an air sign and Saturn in a Fire Sign, with Saturn in Leo, with its ruler, the Sun in a Jupiter ruled sign and debilitated by position in Saturn’s sign. To add fuel to this “fire,” the Dasas as this first begins is Mars! We are going to continue to see fires, lots of fires. Air disasters. And, with Mars now throwing its 8th aspect on Virgo – an earth sign – we will begin to see and increase in the number and magnitude of earthquakes.
March 18th – Mercury exactly opposes Saturn (begins late in the evening)
March 20th – the Vernal Equinox – the first day of Spring. Equal parts of night and day.
March 22nd – Mercury enters Pisces, its sign of debilitation – fortunately, even though retrograde, it is cancelled by its conjunction.
March 24th – Mars, Rahu and Ketu will all be 13’53 (late in the evening 22’36’15 in Colorado) this is a Tuesday too.
March 25th – Venus can be seen at sunrise and at sunset for a few days. Please take time to view it – it only occurs every 8 years.
March 30th – Mercury in Pisces combusts (burns up) by the Sun
April 4th – Mars will exactly oppose Saturn at 22 degrees, and the Sun (ruler of the Saturn) will be 21 – be extremely careful when travelling. chart below:
April 6th – Mercury moves to Aries (Mars and Mercury are enemies.)
April 12th – the Sun is sandi at 29. This is the toughest degree of the zodiac. When the sun goes from water sign into fire sign is is called Balarishta (infant mortality) and along with several other rules indicates health problems for a child. I have personally seen the Moon in these late degrees of Water to be especially problematic. Pisces to Aries is the toughest, as it not only leaves water for fire, but it ends the zodiac and begins its new round at 0 Aries. Not a good day for electional matters.
Christina Collins Biography:
|Christina Collins, Jyotish Kovid, Jyotish Vachaspati is a 3rd generation astrologer specializing in the Vedic system. She received her honorary titles from the late Dr. B.V. Raman, former President of the ICAS (Indian Center for Astrological Sciences) in New Delhi and Bangalore, India. She is the first and sole American woman to be honored by this highly held title of Jyotish Vachaspati (Jyotish – the light bearer and Vachaspati – the one who speaks the truth and whose predictions come true. (Vac = speech and Brihaspati is a name of Jupiter the planet of wisdom and truth. She serves as faculty and on the Board of Directors of the American College for Vedic Astrology (ACVA), as Editor of the ACVA News and is President of Celestial Resources (The Timing Coach) where she serves corporate and private clients from celebrities to students. You can reach her in Boulder CO:|
Christina Collins, J.K., J.V.
The Timing Coach
• firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com • www.vedicastrologer.cc