|By Christina Collins|
Planetary Tips September 1st to October 1st 2009
Every month, as the ACVA news observes the sidereal month’s changing of signs, we use the current location of the US Capital, Washington, DC.
Sept 1, 2009 -- We begin the month with:
September 2 – Saturn sandi at 29’00 Leo
- Mars in its enemy Mercury’s sign of Gemini, in the often difficult Rahu ruled star of Ardra. Although Mars’ is in Gemini, at least its ruler, Mercury is an exalted Mercury sitting in Hasta , still Mercury receives the aspect of its enemy, Mars and they both travel at 10 degrees! Mars in air and Mercury in earth will continue the fires and earthquakes.
- Ketu and Venus in Cancer, who now by degree are moving away from each other. (Ketu and Rahu are always retrograde)
- Sun midpoint in Leo, conjunct and approaching combustion with
- Saturn who at 28’56 Leo became combust the Sun on 31st August and travels sandi in the Sun’s Nakshatra of Uttara Phalguni as it moves out of Fiery Leo!
- Mercury in Virgo exalted direct until Sept 7th when Mercury goes retrograde.
September 4 – Full Moon in Aquarius (Aspected by Sun and Saturn.
September 9-2009 Saturn moves to Virgo at 14:29:22 EDT in the USA. As it moves it will be combust the Sun until October 6th. 2009
Now we need to really observe the transit of Mercury, and the aspects it receives, for the next two and a half to three years because it will be the Dispositor (ruler) of Saturn. It will be a major indicator of how Saturn will behave.
Mercury key – for September 2009
Sept 7 Rx in Virgo
Sept 23 Rx in Leo
Sept 29 Direct in Leo until October 4th when it goes direct Virgo.
Note: in Vedic Astrology, we do not traditionally “read,” the outer planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. I have added them here for those who use them. For those who have asked – Uk is Upa Ketu – an Upa Graha or shadow grabber, a point that is always the same degree as the sun, and Gk is Gulika or sometimes called Mandi and acts much like Rahu.
- Rahu continues in Capricorn with
- Jupiter having retrograded back into Capricorn, its sign of debilitation. Note, that while debilitated it is Neecha Banga Raja Yoga. (cancellation of debilitation) It will be cancelled until it goes direct on October 13th, 2009 – and now will aspect Saturn in Virgo – a much better situation than the 6/8 (enemies and misery) axis when Saturn sits in the 8th from Jupiter in the sign of Leo!
September 9 - Saturn moves into its friendly sign of Virgo
(after transiting for 2 and ˝ years in Leo)
Initially this will be a Surya sadi sati, but will improve in the coming months, as the sun moves into aspect with Jupiter.
September 14 – Rx Mercury will become combust.
September 15 – Venus moves into sandi at 29’00 Cancer
September 16 –Sun moves into Virgo forming a conjunction with the sandi Saturn and the Retrograde exalted Mercury.
September 16 –Venus moves to 00’ Leo
September 17 – Sun and Saturn are both 00’58 in Virgo sandi, sharing the same degree and Aspected by Mars is very unstable.
September 17 – Mars moves from Rahu ruled Ardra Nakshatra into Jupiter’s star Punarvasu – a much more stable position for Mars in transit. The fact that Jupiter transits 8th from the Mars makes it less good than other years when Jupiter is in better condition by transit.
September 23 – Mercury 29Rx in Virgo
September 24 – Mercury 00Rx in Leo – any planet is challenged when it retrogrades back to a sign it has already left by transit. The emphasis impact is when it leaves, sandi for the last time.
September 29 Mercury goes direct in Leo
For those that follow the outer planets –
As we leave September Neptune will become 00’00 Aquarius, moving back to Capricorn on October 1st.
If you have questions or comments for Christina, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christina Collins Biography:
|Christina Collins, Jyotish Kovid, Jyotish Vachaspati is a 3rd generation astrologer specializing in the Vedic system. She received her honorary titles from the late Dr. B.V. Raman, former President of the ICAS (Indian Center for Astrological Sciences) in New Delhi and Bangalore, India. She is the first and sole American woman to be honored by this highly held title of Jyotish Vachaspati (Jyotish - the light bearer and Vachaspati - the one who speaks the truth and whose predictions come true. (Vac = speech and Brihaspati is a name of Jupiter the planet of wisdom and truth. She serves as faculty and on the Board of Directors of the American College for Vedic Astrology (ACVA), as Editor of the ACVA News and is President of Celestial Resources (The Timing Coach) where she serves corporate and private clients from celebrities to students. You can reach her in Boulder CO:|
Christina's consultation contact information:
Christina Collins, J.K., J.V.
Lafayette, (Boulder County) CO, USA
web site: http://www.vedicastrologer.cc